Rate Gyro Compass
Rate Gyro Compass
Product Part CM437
The Coursemaster Rate Gyro Compass - a combined rate gyro and fluxgate compass in a single housing - a combination that offers the best steering performance over a wide range of conditions.
Coursemaster's Rate Gyro Compass offers the best enhanced course holding accuracy, reduces rudder movement and power consumption, wear and tear, and offers overall fuel savings.
A fluxgate compass, which must operate on a horizontal plane, may be affected by pitching, rolling or a fast turn; however, the rate gyro sensor responds only to yaw ie. a change in heading.
Coursemaster Autopilots software combines both the output of the standard fluxgate and the rate gyro. The fluxgate gives an accurate absolute heading free of drift, while the gyro gives an accurate short-term heading, free of acceleration effects.
The Rate Gyro Compass is a perfect solution for all power and sailing vessels cruising the coast
or crossing the oceans:
- It is not affected by a boats acceleration
- It is not as influenced by magnetic fields
- It reduces rudder activity and improves steering and reduces power consumption
- It provides a far steadier course than any autopilot using only a fluxgate compass which can result in overall power and fuel savings
- It overcomes southerly heading problems in Southern Hemisphere and northerly heading problems in Northern Hemisphere
- +Coursemaster Autopilots
- FLIR - Thermal Imaging Cameras
- +HyDrive Hydraulic Steering
- Icom - Marine Radios
- +Koden - Sounders Radars Electronics
- +KVH - Satellite TV Phone Internet Broadband
- +Mx-Marine - Navigation Systems
- +Seaview - Antenna Mounts
- +Seiwa - Chartplotters Systems
- Sevenstar AIS & SART
- Shakespeare - Marine Antennas
New KVH TracPhone V7IP antenna system with mini-VSAT Broadband Service now available in Australia.
KVH Industries, Inc., ships 3000th TracPhone system for mini-VSAT Broadband network
KVH offer high speed miniVSAT rates and what to consider when selecting maritime satellite communication services
Download KVH Connectivity at Sea - a guide to Advances in Maritime VSAT